Reflection Rooms at the University of Kansas
Reflection Room Usage
Use of these spaces requires tolerance of all faiths, spiritual beliefs and practices. So that all enter these spaces with common expectations, here are guidelines to help ensure a peaceful and safe experience for all.
- Use is restricted to the purposes of personal reflection, meditation or prayer
- No sleeping is permitted
- These spaces are only available to KU students, faculty, staff and their guests (in the presence of a KU member)
- No candles, incense burning or other smoke, fume, fragrance or flame-inducing elements are allowed
- The space is open to all people affiliated with KU at all times during the operating hours of the buildings unless specifically reserved for Diversity & Equity Office program use
- Noise, including conversation, music, singing or audible chanting, is prohibited and efforts should be taken to keep all sound to the strictest minimum
- Any form of solicitation is prohibited
- Use of electronic devices is prohibited. Please turn off your phone before entering and do not text
- No food is permitted in the room
- Please limit your stay to 30 minutes if others are waiting
- Violation of these requirements may result in banning of individuals from the space
Reflection Room sites on campus include:
- Anschutz 320L
- Burge Union
- Danforth Chapel
- Watson Library, level 5
- Kansas Union, level 4
Should you have any feedback, please contact the Office of Diversity and Equity.
1450 Jayhawk Blvd.
Strong Hall, Room 250
Lawrence, KS 66045