Hands on a keyboard

Report & Get Support

We are committed to helping all Jayhawks get the support they need. Whatever your situation may be, there are resources on campus and in the community to support you.

If you or someone is at imminent risk of harm to self or others, please contact KU Public Safety or dial 911 for police, fire, or medical emergency response.

Formal Report

The following offices serve as formal notice to the university and legally require follow up with all those involved. It is appropriate to submit almost any incident to the Office of Civil Rights & Title IX as they can investigate a situation plus help you get the support you need from other campus resources.

View of Jayhawk Boulevard with orange leaves on trees. KU bus is driving in front of Watson library as people walk past.

Informal Report

The Ombuds Office is a confidential, impartial, informal, and independent office on campus where members of the campus community can discuss issues they may be facing as a student, staff, or faculty member.

Blurred person in with dark hair, wearing a red shirt closer to camera. They are looking toward three individuals raising their hands during their Univ 101 class.

Not Sure Where to Begin?

It can be overwhelming to navigate all the resources available to you. If you are having a hard time figuring out where to start, review this comprehensive list to report different kinds of issues and incidents to help you identify the path forward.